Friday, August 26, 2011

forgetting what we need to remember

the family supporting me! as always!
Before I begin my post, i want to thank everyone for everything. Texts from friends, a priceless card from my own Student council, Madeline Ashcraft for being there with me every step of the way (like always) and especially her mom Sister Ashcraft, and my family for coming to the hospital to see me, everyone on Facebook with concerns and prayers, Mr. Park my favorite teacher even came to see me and to support me, for the dedicated people who took me to the hospital in the ambulance and gave me hope the whole time i was with them, and to Heavenly Father who was with me the whole time and watched over me and protected me. So thank you to everyone who made it possible for me to get through this rough experience, I appreciate it so much!


the best mom ever and me:)
When I was in the hospital shaking uncontrollably… I didn’t know what to do. The doctor kept telling me to breathe slower because my breathing was up at 37 times per minute and I should only be breathing 10. My hands started to cramp up and I wanted to scream because of how excruciating it was. I just laid in the bed crying and wondering what was wrong with me and why I couldn’t slow down breathing and why my body wouldn’t stop shaking. The doctor started to get really worried as he kept demanding almost that i slow my breathing down. I finally got control of my breath and lowered it to 30 times per minute. When I was able to finally get all my thoughts together, I tried so hard to speak and I was finally able to cry out “Heavenly Father help me!” after I said that, I expected everything to be fine. But I felt another cramp coming in my right hand. The pain came and I finally just let it out and cried. The doctor told me to slow down breathing because I was making things worse. Madeline mentioned that my hands started to turn a dark purple... I couldn’t stop. I was giving up when all of a sudden I felt someone’s perfect hands on mine. The hand was so warm and comforting. I was so surprised I could feel warmth if anything because the pain was all that took over in my hands. But I felt such a strong grasp on my hand and I just cried of happiness because my pain finally went away. My eyes had been closed the whole time to help myself manage the pain, and when I opened my eyes… I expected to see someone, anyone. But, there was no one there. Heavenly Father had sent an angel to me. I couldn’t help but cry and say a prayer in my “off beat” heart to my God and tell Him thank you. I had just touched the hand of an angel… an angel. God is there and I know He is. 
i look deathly!
The past couple of weeks have been so hard for me with school starting, my disease along with hypothyroid, gluten and dairy allergies, no sleep.. etc. With everything coming down at once, I forgot what was most important of me... to simply remember Heavenly Father through all of it. It took me to collapse from a stool in a lonely room and to be transferred to a Hospital and feel excruciating pain to just see Lord's hand in my life. I have forgotten His love and that is why i have become so lost. I am the happiest person in the world finally, because i have decided to listen to the voice of the Lord and to finally see that Heavenly Father has so much in store for me, for all of us, if we just listen. I can see finally, I can see what is most important finally and i encourage all of us to find the presence of the Lord in our life. It will make all the difference, i promise. That is my testimony, and i say these things in the name of Jesus, the Christ, Amen.

I love you all and i am so grateful for all of your prayers! Thanks again... :)

Sincerely, Ashlyn

2 comments:

  1. I love this. you're amazing ashlyn.
    I believe there are truly angels among us.
    You're one of mine.
    you're in my daily prayers for a speedy recovery.
    seriously, you're such a strong girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad you're ok! now we can party in student council like it's no one's business :)

    ReplyDelete