Monday, December 16, 2013

LIBERATING EXPERIENCES

I should very well be studying for finals (the murderer of sanity) but there are obviously more enjoyable things to do at the moment. Such as, writing in my blog about the good things happening in life right now! 


At the beginning of our date, we were so confident that our house would dominate Chelsea and Spencer's house. Thomas and I were terribly wrong. The graham crackers kept breaking and the walls kept collapsing - nothing was working! We laughed our way through the ugly mess and I still smile about the memory. After we finished the not-so-good-looking "graham house," we grabbed a couple (like 30) fire crackers and put them on the inside of the house and blew it to smithereens! Brilliant idea if you ask me. The night went on as they always do but it was no ordinary night; this night was filled with laughs and smiles that i deem particularly special. 




I love downtown Salt Lake City in the winter time. The lights, the cold, the snow, the city sounds - everything about it makes me feel alive! Especially with a hot cup of cocoa from Kneaders in your hands. 



Speaking of Salt Lake City, I have some news! I decided to take a leave of absence from my current job (which i am terribly sad to leave) and schooling so I could work for an amazing company located in SLC! I couldn't be more thrilled for this new and exciting journey. It takes courage to take a step toward something new, to have the faith and courage in knowing that the choice you made is the right choice. But if this choice is something that will help me be a better person, then i need to set fear aside and take this chance. It's liberating to know that I can choose my journey and that I can be happy while doing it. 


+So today, I challenge you to liberate yourself and choose to be happy. It's a liberating experience that will take you places.  


Sincerely, Ashlyn

7 comments:

  1. salt lake is sooo stunning right now.
    ps. love your curls in the first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I randomly found your blog and went through it a bit. I thought I would tell you that you, your words and pictures are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heather! That means so much to me:) do you have a blog?

      Delete
  3. Yes to this (: Congrats on the new adventure! And good for you, taking that leap into the dark (: Those sometimes turn out to be the best journeys... (: Also. Did you design your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! i'm getting more and more nervous as the job approaches - can't wait though:) And madeline helped me out BIG time with designing my blog!

      Delete
  4. holy. i love this and you. also... your blog is one of my bookmarks. hahaha

    ReplyDelete