Thursday, September 19, 2013

S/O to all you single ladies and gents

Well, the single life definitely has it's ups and downs. Here are a couple of things that are happening for me because of my "FB official" relationship status: S.I.N.G.L.E. 
my undid hair and my last T-shirt. 

1) Calling my mom a little too often. 
2)  Being capable to spend a lot of time teaching myself Italian - a language that i may never use.
3) Making special meals every night thinking, "my husband will looooove me!"
4) Running out of clean pajamas before real clothing.

We all know the cliche things people say to the single life: "there are plenty of fish out in the sea," "you deserved better anyways!" "How are YOU single?!" "Your time will come!" etc. Where i roll my eyes to any of these typical comments because of how sympathetic they are (sarcasm), i truly think being single can be a blessing in disguise. I'm not saying that being single is better than being in a relationship; but while your single, you need to grow the most you possibly can! Being single is NOT merely about preparing for a relationship. At the end of the day whether you are single, in a relationship, or married - it's all about being the best person you can possibly be. Relationships are about both people bringing their best selves to the table so that together, great and marvelous things can happen. 

Anyways, that's just something i felt like writing. Because... i definitely have the time. Have a happy day because guess why?! I'M going to and that's because I'm single and I'm single because... becuase.. hmm. 

Sincerely, Ashlyn


2 comments:

  1. bahaha I LOVE THIS. but I totally agree! I have grown the most while I've been single. and its been great. granted, I love relationships. but I love the RIGHT relationships that also help me grow and learn more about myself. the single life ain't so bad as long as you've got the right attitude ;) and as a relationship is coming my way, I can't say i'm complaining one bit! LOVE YOU ASH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashlyn I really love your blog and this post is probably my favorite thing about today. Here's to the single ladies.

    ReplyDelete